Table of contents
22-year-old Chloe Bailey of the R&B duo Chloe x Halle has been turning heads lately with her cover of Nina Simone’s classic “Feeling Good” tune, but Chloe’s been making a name for herself long before now.
Chloe and her younger sister Halle Bailey were signed to Beyonce’s exclusive label after the icon saw their cover of Beyonce’s ‘Pretty Hurts’. This is a video the sister duo uploaded to their YouTube channel. Chloe x Halle got the opportunity to be an opening act for Beyonce’s “On the Run 2 Tour” and “The Formation World Tour.”
The Bailey Sisters On Screen
The Bailey sisters have not only made names for themselves in music but also on screen. They are a part of the cast on Freeform’s “Grown-ish.” While we’re on the topic, if you’re nosy about Chloe’s relationship status, there are rumors she has a love interest in Grown-ish co-star, Diggy Simmons.
There are lyrics on Chloe x Halle’s album, Ungodly Hour, that do nothing but add fuel to these rumors. For example, “Busy Boy” references a boy getting another girl pregnant. Some listeners attempting to connect the dots tried to make the case this was about Diggy. Of course, Chloe has denied this.
Long before then, Chloe had a role in Tyler Perry’s 2008 movie Meet the Browns. This story was about a single mother living in inner city Chicago, Brenda played by Angela Bassett, who takes her family to Georgia for the funeral of a father she never knew. Chloe Bailey plays the role of Brenda’s daughter Tosha.
Chloe Bailey on Social Media
You may have noticed Chloe and Halle created separate social media accounts in January. And this is where things started to take a noticeable turn for Chloe. While a few of her posts have all but broken the internet with their level of engagement, others have also criticized the posts as being too sexy.
One of the posts was her viral buss it challenge TikTok and Instagram video. If you’re new to the buss it challenge backstory, these are videos posted to TikTok where women are seen dancing to Erica Bank’s 2020 song, “Buss It.” Another post was the silhouette challenge TikTok and Instagram video that currently has over 4 million views on Instagram.
The post carried the caption:
“a special performance for all of you. THANK YOU for all your love and support. let’s celebrate together in reaching 1Million followers 🥳🥰💋”
The “too sexy” criticism got to the point where Chloe eventually took to Instagram Live to passionately respond to it.
Chloe Elizabeth Bailey was born in Atlanta, Georgia to mother Courtney Bailey and father Doug Bailey July 1, 1998.
More Info from the Social Media Platforms
Twitter – Chlöe – https://twitter.com/chloebailey?lang=en
More Info from the Media Streaming Platforms
- Chloe Bailey, Net Worth, Height, Songs, Music Tours, Parent, Affairs 2021. https://world-celebs.com/celebrity/3932-chloe-bailey.html. Accessed 25 June 2021.
- Kaushik, Aarya A. What the Hell Happened: The Unhinged Criticism of Chloe Bailey’s Self-Expression. https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2021/2/19/chloe-bailey-instagram-controversy/. Accessed 25 June 2021.
- Briscuso, Lex. Chloe X Halle Star Chloe Bailey Is Private about Her Love Life – Learn Who the ‘Grown-ish’ Star is Dating. https://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/who-is-chloe-bailey-dating-she-dated-grown-ish-costar/. Accessed 25 June 2021.
- Chloe Bailey’s ‘Buss It’ Challenge Video Has Impressed Fans on Twitter, Watch the Video. https://www.republicworld.com/entertainment-news/hollywood-news/chloe-baileys-buss-it-challenge-video-has-impressed-fans-on-twitter-watch-the-video.html. Accessed 26 June 2021.
- Tyler Perry >> Meet the Browns – Film. https://tylerperry.com/tyler/archive/all/meet-the-browns/. Accessed 26 June 2021.
- Meet the Browns (2008) – IMDb. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1047494/. Accessed 26 June 2021.